Welcome to our guide for getting started with Lunie.io. In a matter of minutes, you’ll be well on your way to participating in the new staking economy! 👋
This guide will explain how to set up an account and create a Cosmos address on Lunie.io with a Nano Ledger S and the Cosmos Ledger App.
If you’d prefer to use our browser extension— check out our guide for [getting started with the Lunie browser extension]().
Accounts on Lunie
Whether you’re in the Lunie browser extension, the Lunie mobile apps (coming soon), or the Cosmos Ledger app — your account info always stays with you. This is known as non-custodial because we don’t custody your funds or your keys for you.
We don’t store your account data on our servers or in our database and so, you need to store your backup code somewhere safe. 🔒
On Lunie, Accounts are simply the name of your choosing (like a username) and a locally-encrypted password associated with your address.
If you lose access to your local accounts AND lose your backup code, there is nothing we can do to help you. ❤️
Buy a Ledger Nano S/X
First things first. You’ll need a Ledger Nano S. If you don’t have one, you can buy one using this link to support Lunie. If you do have one and it’s already initialized, you can skip to the next section. If you have a Ledger and it’s not initialized here is the official guide for how to go about it.
Lunie supports the Ledger Nano X as well — but only with the cable. We will be adding bluetooth support for the Ledger Nano X after we release our mobile apps (Summer 2019).
Download Ledger Live
- Download and install the Ledger Live app
- In the top right, find and click the “Gear” icon (settings)
- Next, select “Experimental Features”
- Turn on Developer mode
5. Now that you have Ledger Live installed, and Developer mode turned on you can head over to the “Manager”
6. Follow the steps to connect your device
7. Search for “Cosmos”
8. Install the lowercase Cosmos (ignore COSMOS v1.1.1)
🎉 Now you’ve got the Cosmos Ledger app installed on your Ledger Nano!🎉
To find out what your address is, head over to Lunie!
Head over to Lunie
- Visit https://lunie.io/ledger in a Chrome or Brave browser
- Sign in to your Nano Ledger and open the Cosmos app
- Click the Sign In button — this will sign you in with the address you created when you installed the Cosmos Ledger app on your Nano Ledger.
The Ledger Nano sign in screen for Lunie.io
After you have successfully signed in to Lunie with your Ledger Nano, you’ll be able to see your address in the top left under the logo.
🎉 Now you have an address on Lunie you can use to start staking! 🎉